Saturday, February 16, 2013

Boca Chica Beach!

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day.  I was sick for a lot of the day.  Aunt Lori says I haven't developed my missionary stomach yet.  I took it easy and by dinner was feeling much better.  We got to have dinner with a Dr and his wife who have been here working for Cure Hospital to celebrate their last night in town.
Today we went to the beach!!  The beach we went to is called Boca Chica and it is beautiful!  The sand is white, the water is clear and there are palm trees everywhere!  The boys rented snorkels and went to check out the marine life.  I got to lay out in the sun for a while and spend some time in the beautiful water.  We ate lunch on a patio out behind one of the hotels there and then headed back out to the beach for more fun in the sun!  Vendors walk up and down the beach all day selling trinkets, fruit and massages.  I think I said the phrase "No gracias" about 100 times today.
I started the day out as probably the lightest person on the beach and by the end of the day, despite multiple sunscreen applications, was the reddest person on the beach...haha oh well.  All in all it was a great day to relax, enjoy the beautiful Dominican Republic and spend time with family!
Tomorrow we are going to church.  Later this week I'll be helping Aunt Lori look for a school for the boys as well as doing some sight-seeing.
Thanks for reading!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment